BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR E-MAIL FOR IMPORTANT ORIENTATION PROCESS & ACCESS INFORMATION! Students will get access to Blackboard 2 days in advance of their session. The below troubleshooting tips are for students in an active orientation session.
How do I access Virtual Orientation?
- Log into MyMason at http://mymason.gmu.edu
- Choose Courses at the top, then click the Virtual Orientation link in your course list.
- If you cannot log into MyMason call the ITS Support Center at (703) 993-8870.
- If you can log into MyMason, but don’t see the Virtual Orientation link in your course list, call (703) 993-2475 or email@example.com
How is Virtual Orientation structured in Blackboard? (click on your student type below)
How do I log into my advising room?
Click Advising & Registration on the course menu. The room will open at the time specified. If you do not see a link for a session, use the Virtual Help Desk link on the course menu.
How do I log into my registration room?
Click Advising & Registration on the course menu. The link for Course Registration will not appear until the second day of orientation and will open at the time specified. If you do not see a link for a session on that day, use the Virtual Help Desk on the course menu.
Registration: You will see a list of registration rooms; choose the correct room for your program.
What can I do if I have problems accessing or hearing in an advising or registration session?
Advising and Registration sessions use Collaborate Ultra which does not require any installations, browser plugins, or apps.
- Try another browser
- Enable your browser to use your camera and mic
- Logout and login again or refresh the page
- If you are in the session but can’t hear, click the top left session menu, and use the dial-in phone number for audio
- Use your phone or tablet to access Blackboard and the Advising/Registration links (no app required)
- Additional help tips are available
What do I do if I have problems playing videos?
Make sure to click Unmute at the top left of videos.
Older versions of MacOS (10.10, 10.11) may encounter issues. Try to upgrade your system. If you cannot upgrade your computer, we recommend you use another computer or access the course on your phone or tablet.
What do I do if I have problems with my Patriot Leader meeting?
The Patriot Leader meetings use Webex which gives you the option to install an application or access a session directly in your browser.
If you have problems, read the quick guide to join meetings on any device including you phone. If you encounter audio or video problems, follow these steps. If you continue to have problems, use the Virtual Help Desk link on the course menu.
For more Blackboard Assistance, click here. Please note that this is the Help Site from Blackboard and will not have information specific to GMU.