All specific information surrounding the Freshman Orientation experience will be sent to students directly via e-mail upon registering. Please read this and all Orientation-related e-mails closely.
- The Freshmen Orientation program will take place over two days, from 9am on the first day to noon on the second day. Students should prepare to arrive at 8am to check-in for the program.
- Check-in will take place at the Center for the Arts and include a campus resource tabling fair and shuttle service to the Orientation residence hall for those who are staying overnight. Student will check-in to housing, drop off their bags, and return to the Center for the Arts ASAP so they do not miss the start of the program.
- On Day #1, students will participate in large group presentations, small groups meetings, and an array of breakout sessions, as well as take part in academic advising appointments and opportunities to meet other new Patriots.
- On Day #2, students will participate in final large and small group sessions then take part in Course Registration in order to sign up for classes and walk away their their schedule for the fall!
- For those bringing family members or supporters, it is important to note that students and guests have separate, concurrent programs and only come together for welcome sessions and some meals. Guests will also not be able to stay on-campus with the student if they are utilizing overnight housing for the program.
To view a list of Frequently Asked Questions about Orientation, click here.
To contact New Student and Family Programs, e-mail us at email@example.com or call 703-993-2475.
Honors College students will only be able to see one Orientation session in their registration portals as the Honors Orientation program will have several specialized sessions and opportunities that are different than other freshmen sessions.
If an Honors student cannot attend the Honors Orientation session, they should contact New Student and Family Programs at 703-993-2475 or firstname.lastname@example.org.